Monday, January 28, 2008

12/03/2007: first chemo

I was really anxious after the whole 'code blue' incident when we tried chemo previously. This time with same meds, I decided that I needed to do this alone armed with a stuffed Grover and specific cds for my personal cd player. (That's right: old school style.) My friends would not let me drive so I was dropped off early. My oncologist switched my pre-meds (steroids, Benadryl, etc...) to i.v. form. The nurses had to watch me closely to make certain I did not collapse again. That meant that my blood pressure was taken every ten minutes or so. I started out listening to Hunter Revenge and Blaqk Audio while the pre-meds slowly entered my system. I changed to IHAV by AFI as the Taxol (chemo) was started. Then, I fell asleep and ended up sleeping through the whole procedure. I had visions of the AFI men performing live and kicking, jumping, stomping out the cancer cells. It worked. AFI (and all of their side projects) relaxes me more than any medication. I was so grateful the meds got in because I was terrified of what would happen if my body would not take them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

=] Keep fighting, Shana! You'll kick those cancer cells asses. =]

(By the way, this is Neon The Insane from the DF forum.)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home